Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Yarn Along

I decided to join up with Ginny today so that I could give a mitten update, and share a book that I have really been enjoying. I also like how my knitting and my book are color coordinated!

Whispers from the Shadows is an historical novel set during the war of 1812. It is book two in a trilogy about the Culper Spy Ring. You can read more about it here. I really admire the author's ability to weave historical fact with her fiction to make a seamless whole. The characters are people I came to care about, and the difficulties they face are real, intricate, and heart wrenching in some cases. A very good read.

Whispers from the Shadows by Roseanna M. White

Martin gave me a weird look when I proudly told him that I have completed five mittens since the beginning of January. His look said, "shouldn't that be six?" I suppose, if you want to be practical . . . : )

But the first one was an experiment, and since I was not the one in need of any mittens I moved right along to making them for the littles. And I say again, that's five mittens in about five weeks! Even though it felt like it took forever, when I say it that way it actually starts to sound practical!

I just finished M's mittens in time to wear them, hopefully more than once or twice before the season changes. Her's are a simple version with no thumbs.


Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment