I had beets (upper right, with a wool egg), red cabbage (upper left, with wool eggs and silk yardage), and yellow onion skins (lower left, with wool eggs and silk yardage). After the fibers had been dyed I added vinegar and dyed real eggs.
I also wanted to try the flower resist method. I used regular old grocery store dyes.
The bundles themselves were so pretty!
I left the flowers on a few for this picture because I thought that was pretty too! It makes my heart sing when every step of a project is beautiful!
The flower resist worked way better than I thought it would. And I got some neat tie dye effects where I tied the panty hose.
These are the veggie dyed eggs. From left to right; beet juice for an hour or so, beet juice over night, yellow onion skins for several hours, yellow onion skins over night, red cabbage for several hours, same.
The wool eggs from left to right; beet juice, yellow onion skins, yellow onion skins for longer, red cabbage (for some reason the camera enhanced what is really a very faint blue), red cabbage for longer. I didn't notice until I took this picture that they actually make a pretty good rainbow!